Monday 25 August 2014

Get the look - Misty Day


This is probably the blog post that I am the most happy about writing. The reason being, it's about my favourite tv programme. If you haven't already guessed, it's American Horror Story. I'm not usually a fan of horror stuff, but after starting with season 1, I haven't been able to stop watching! My favourite season would have to be season 3, I just love the whole story line about the witches coven. So I'm going to help you create the look of one of my favourite cast members, Misty Day.




The reason I chose Misty (played by Lily Rabe) is because her character has such an original and beautiful style. 



Her whole look is very natural and organic and that's because she has the power of ressurection. Plus she lives next to a swamp. She's also a massive fan of Fleetwood Mac and Stevie Nicks also makes a couple special appearances throughout the season. 



Misty loves wearing a shall, I swear she wears a different one with every outfit. Long maxi skirts and dresses are also a large part of her closet. She wears a lot of feather earrings and dream catcher necklaces. Her style is both boho and hippy which is why I love her choice of clothing so much.


I attempted to match Misty's style but I could never do it justice. Using different items in my closet, this is what I came up with. 


Have a look in your closet and see if you can match Misty's unique style, and if you struggle I suggest taking a listen to some Fleetwood Mac to give you some inspiration. The song 'The Seven Wonders' is my personal fave. And whist your listening you could try twirling around your room just like Misty and Stevie! 

Let me know if you enjoyed this post, if so what other characters would you like me to 'Get the look' of? Any more characters from American Horror Story? Or even some other programmes? Let me know in the comments below.

Aimee Sue
XO




No comments:

Post a Comment